Are you one of the 10 million people on Earth who chat using instant messengers? Not only with friends and relatives but also with colleagues and partners. You probably don’t even know that this method of communication is not very safe, but since nothing terrible has happened yet, you have not started to understand it.
Together with experts in the field of digital security, we have prepared information about how secure your correspondence is and whether it can be protected.
For sure, the first question that appears in your head is who needs my correspondence, if I am not a Top Manager of a large company or a Bank Director? I will have to disappoint you, there may be several reasons:
- For example, competitors want to access a customer base or documents that contain trade secrets to use them to discredit your company, even if you are an ordinary employee there.
- Another possible option – hackers – to blackmail your sensitive data, such as personal correspondence, photo, and video messages.
- Finally, do not forget about public services (both regional and foreign), which may also be interested in your correspondence.
Security features in messengers?
Unfortunately, in the age of high technology, not every messenger can provide a 100% guarantee of data security on the device. The level of reliability depends on:
- The type of encryption of data packets.
- The complexity of the algorithms by which information is encrypted.
- The level of protection of personal data of users.
- The need to specify a certain amount of data when registering and verifying the user.
- The level of use of additional protocols that protect data.
There are additional security features. For example, the Confide app opens the message only after holding a finger on the line, but after reading permanently removes it. The same will happen if the user tries to take a screenshot.
While Telegram can boast of the function of the secret chat. This means that unencrypted messages are guaranteed not to be stored on the company’s server, but only on the device from which you write. Even if multiple devices are linked to your account, you won’t be able to see the message on another device. Often, you can set a timer — and after the required period, messages will be permanently deleted.
Of course, there are special corporate messengers for business correspondence. There are quite a few of them on the market, such as Slack, FlowDock, HipChat. They are more convenient for solving business problems, allow you to work in groups and so on.
As in conventional messengers, they are vulnerable. For example, in 2017, there was a “hole” in the distribution of Slack updates, which allowed users to send a compromised application. Later it turned out another feature of the business of the messengers: it turned out that the attacker can log in the working group of the company NN conditional if uses the email address’s domain name (e.g., @nn.com), but it does not check the address manually.
Private messenger: Keep it safe!
This raises the question of whether there is a private messenger that can provide a 100% guarantee of personal data security? Is there a system in which there are no defects, but on the contrary, a wide range of functionality and possibilities of use?
Yes, let’s get to know it better. This is Utopia, which is now in the final stage of testing. The system is based on the decentralized P2P network, with no central server involved in data transmission or storage. This means that only you have messenger code that can’t be sent to third parties.
The new messenger provides a set of functions already familiar to the user:
- sending instant messages;
- sending media files and documents;
- send voice messages with high sound quality;
- chat rooms;
- an impressive collection of stickers.
Besides, it has a very user-friendly interface, the design of which you can create or change, for the greater convenience of working with the system.
Best Features of Utopia
Utopia is a specially created ecosystem that has everything you need for successful work in the network. The functionality of the system was developed for 5 years by the best English programmers who were able to solve the problem of ensuring the safety of everyone who uses Banana to work in the network. The main functions of the system include:
- Browser Idyll. A specially designed P2P system allows you to carry out actions directly in the ecosystem where the sites you need are located. So you don’t have to surf the Net leaving some traces.
- Cryptocurrency – Crypton. You can use it to perform any financial actions on the Internet. What’s more, you can do it completely anonymously without fear that your data, or worse, accounts will be in the public access. Crypton is stored in a specially created electronic wallet – uWallet.
- Mining Rig. You can earn cryptos directly in the ecosystem by mining. Recently, this way of earning is becoming less safe. However, Banana developers have done their best for your successful and efficient mining through the ecosystem.
- uMail. A decent alternative and replacement for regular email services, which has long failed to provide the proper degree of security. Using uMail, your data is under reliable protection. When registering, you are given a key to the system of your data, which can not be in the possession of third parties.
- Multiplayer games. In the ecosystem, you can create and play games with your friends. This is a real masterpiece that combines everything!
- Design. In case you do not like the design of the system in which you work, you can always redo it for yourself. To do this, you can use all the tools that the developers have prepared.
Indeed, the system is still in its heyday, and not many people have already experienced all the benefits of its functionality and security. However, according to experts, Utopia can carry out the information revolution in the security process of the data storage, and take the pedestal of the best system to work on the Internet.
Fahim is Founder of Technoxyz and a passionate blogger. He loves new Gadgets and Tools. He generally covers Tech Tricks, Gadget Reviews etc in his posts. Beside this, He also works as an SEO Analyst at Technoxyz.