RRB Group D exam is conducted to recruit eligible candidates for the posts of Grade IV Track Maintainer, Assistants in mechanical, electrical, S&T Departments, Assistant Pointsman and Level-1 post in different departments of the Indian Railways. If you are willing to join Indian Railways, RRB Group D Exam is a good opportunity for you. RRB Group D exam is conducted by the Indian Railways to recruit 1,03,769 eligible candidates to various departments of the Indian Railways. Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is going to release the exam date for RRB Group D exam 2021 very soon. The exam was going to be held from April to June 2021. But due to COVID-19, the exam dates were postponed. You should visit the official website for regular updates on the RRB Group D exam. If you want to appear for the RRB Group D exam, you can follow these tips and tricks to clear your preliminary exam:
- Understand the exam pattern: There are three stages of the RRB Group D exam. Before beginning your preparation for the preliminary exam, you should understand the exam pattern. The exam comprises of three parts-Computer Based Test, the Physical Efficiency Test and Medical examination and Document verification.
- Computer Based Test (CBT) or Preliminary Examination– The computer-based test will include many subjects like General Science, General Intelligence, General reasoning, General Mathematics, Current Affairs and General Awareness. There will be a negative marking for each wrong answer, so be careful while answering the questions. The CBT will be conducted in 15 different languages besides Hindi and English. The total duration of CBT will be 90 minutes. If you qualify for the CBT, you will be called for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – Physical Efficiency Test is the second stage of the RRB Group D Exam. You will be given some physical tasks to see if you can withstand strenuous activities or exercises. You should be physically fit to pass the Physical Efficiency Test. After qualifying for this test, you will be called for medical examination and document verification.
- Document Verification and Medical Examination: This is the last stage of the RRB Group D exam. The Railway Officials will examine your overall health. They will conduct various tests on you to check for any underlying health conditions. After this, the Railway officials will check and verify your documents. Once your documents are verified and qualify for the medical examination, you will be selected for a post in different departments of the Indian Railways.
- Know the syllabus of the exam: The CBT or preliminary exam will include many subjects like general aptitude, general reasoning, general mathematics, general knowledge and financial awareness. Before beginning your preparation, go through the syllabus once. It will give you a brief understanding of the different subjects included in the syllabus. After going through the syllabus, you can prepare your exam strategy accordingly.
- Check the official Website: You should check the official website of the Indian Railways to get regular updates on the RRB Group D exam.
- Previous Year papers: For the CBT, you can solve and practice the previous year papers. It will give you an understanding of the exam paper. It is important to solve all the repeatedly asked questions. Start practicing the papers few days before your exam. Mark and note down the important questions.
- Mock Test: Mock Test will prove beneficial for you before your exam. You can give free mock test RRB group d to test your capability and knowledge. Mock test will help you to test your preparation level for the exam. It will also help you to manage time and complete the paper within the stipulated time.
- Sample Paper: There are many sample papers available both offline and online. You should solve the sample papers on a regular basis. This will also help you improve your numerical and arithmetic skills.
- Prepare a timetable: If you are about to begin your exam preparation, you should prepare a timetable. You should give equal time to each and every subject every day. Studying in a systematic manner will help you to cover the entire syllabus easily before the exam. Stick to the timetable every day and you will surely crack the RRB Group D exam.
- Improve your arithmetic skills: There will be many questions on profit and loss, algebra, number system, simple and compound interest, percentage etc in your exam. You should have a thorough understanding of mathematics till class X level. Practice and solve few problems from these topics to score good marks in numerical ability.
- Enhance your reasoning and intelligence skills: RRB Group D exam comprises many questions on data sufficiency, coding and decoding, relationships, analogies etc. You can buy a standard book on these topics and practice questions from it.
- Current affairs or general awareness: You should be well-acquainted with current affairs. You should have a basic understanding of topics like Sports, Economics, Science and Technology, Politics and Culture.
- Basic understanding of Science: For the CBT, you should also have a basic understanding of science till class 10 level. You can follow the NCERT books to clear the basic or fundamental concepts of science.
- Time management: Time management is one of the important factors to clear the CBT. You should be able to complete the paper on time. If you want to crack the exam with good marks, you should be able to answer each and every question.
- Watch tutorials for guidance: There are tutorials available on the internet. You can watch the tutorials for guidance. You can refer to the tutorials if you have not understood any concept. They will explain the concepts in an easy language and in a step-by-step process.
These are some of the tips and tricks to prepare for the prelims of the RRB Group D exam. If you want to qualify for the prelims, you should work hard and follow the study schedule consistently.