Hello guys, today in this post i am gonna tell you, how to optimize your Nvidia Control Panel Settings for a better gaming performance! This will work for both your High-end or low-end Nvidia GPUs. First of all, make sure your Nvidia graphics drivers are always updated. If it’s not, go to your Geforce experience utility and get it updated. Latest drivers are always a key to better performance. So let’s begin with best Nvidia control panel settings for gaming & boost FPS 2020.
Best Nvidia Control Panel Settings for Gaming & Boost FPS 2020
- Go to the Nvidia control panel by Right clicking on your desktop, and choose Nvidia Control Panel, or you can search it on the start menu as well. If you didn’t find it anywhere, you can install the GeForce Experience software, and it will bring the control panel with it.
- Once you are here, Navigate to Adjust image settings with preview, under the 3D settings, and choose, Use the advanced 3D Image Settings. Now click on apply and it will save the settings.
- Now navigate to Manage 3D settings, and it is a place where you can optimize a lot of things. The first thing you need to do is to click on the restore button, which will restore the 3D settings back to default, so if you are previously messed up any settings here, it will be reset back to normal.
- The first feature you have to change here is the Antialiasing – Mode, it’s set to ‘Override any application setting’ so I recommend you to turn that off. Now you have to Tweak the CUDA – GPUs feature, So select your Nvidia GPU from here, as well as make sure you have selected all your available GPUs, especially in case you’re running multiple GPUs in SLI.
- Now go to OpenGL Rendering GPU, and you can see it set as Auto-select, So I recommend you to choose your Nvidia Graphics Card from here as well.
- Now you have to go the Power Management Mode, Now change the ‘Optimal Power’ Option to Prefer Maximum performance. But don’t worry it will not run your card always at its full power, but whenever your GPU needs to push that extra FPS on your display this option will definitely help the software to do that. This setting will maximize the performance without compromising for energy usage. I’m extremely recommending this if you are running an overclocked GPU.
- Now go to Texture filtering – Quality and change the option to Performance. Then go to Texture filtering – Trilinear optimization, by default it’s on, but you have to turn that off as well.
- Now go to Threaded optimization, you can either leave it as ‘Auto’ or just turn it off. And its pretty much you are done everything you can on the ‘Manage 3D Settings’, So click on apply and save the changes.
- Now Move on to the ‘Configure Surround, PhysX’ tab. And from here you need to go to the PhysX Settings, and choose your PhysX processor as your Nvidia GPU, and apply the changes.
- Now move to the Display category and let me warn you it’s a bonus. You have done everything you can do for the gaming performance optimization. But I think I have to tell you one more thing that will change your entire viewing experience, both in the game and your windows ‘UI’ (User Interface), So let’s do it.
- Navigate to change resolution, and once you are hear always make sure you have selected the best resolution available on your display, choose the maximum refresh rate of your monitor as well.
- Now scroll down and navigate to the ‘Apply the following settings’, And from here select “Use Nvidia Color Settings”, and some extra options will reveal to you.
- First you have to go the Desktop color depth, and choose your maximum available color depth.
- Now go to the other option which is Output color depth, and as same as the Desktop color depth Option, I recommend you to go for the highest number.
- Now go to Output color format and make sure your selected RGB option.
- Then last but my favorite option, output dynamic range, and change it from limited to full.
- Now before clicking on apply let me tell you, 80% of you will thank me right after you clicked on that apply button because of changes that just happened to your monitor, I mean in a good way. Please comment your experience particularly on this one because I know how much you gonna love it.
That’s all we can do to optimize the Nvidia Control Panel Settings for Gaming & Boost FPS. Hope you all achieved a better gaming performance by reading and following this article. Let us know in the comments below.