As a huge Disney fan, I was beyond thrilled when Disney Plus came into my life, offering a treasure trove of incredible TV shows and movies right at my fingertips. But as with any streaming platform, issues can crop up from time to time.
Recently, I encountered the infamous Disney Plus error code 14 and couldn’t continue my binge-watching session. Frustrated but determined, I decided to dive deep into the issue and figure out how to fix this error once and for all.
I embarked on a mission to find out what causes this error, what it actually means, and – most importantly – the steps to take in order to successfully resolve the issue. To my delight, after some trial and error (pun intended), I was able to fix the problem! And now that I’ve found a solution that works, I feel it’s only right that I share my discoveries with other fellow Disney lovers who might be experiencing similar issues.
Also Read: How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 42?
What Does Disney Plus Error Code 14 Mean?
When it comes to streaming platforms, encountering an error code is usually an indication that something isn’t quite right behind the scenes. In the case of Disney Plus error code 14, this pesky error signifies that there’s a problem with the information you’re providing during login or the account setup process.
More specifically, this error can be attributed to one of three possible underlying issues: Incorrect email or password input, payment information discrepancies, or your account not being activated yet. Understanding what Error Code 14 means is crucial in determining how best to approach fixing the issue.
The good news is that since it’s related to inaccurate input data or account problems, this error can generally be resolved by updating your information or ensuring you’ve provided accurate details during registration. Once you know what error code 14 is all about, it’s much easier to tackle it head-on and get back to enjoying your Disney Plus experience without any hiccups.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 14 in 2023?
1. Double-Check Your Email Address and Password
It might seem obvious, but sometimes the simplest solution is the correct one. Ensuring you’ve entered the correct email address and password associated with your Disney Plus account is crucial to fixing error code 14. If you’re unsure or accidentally mistyped any of these details, you’ll be blocked from logging in. Here’s how to double-check these details:
A. Start by confirming that you’re inputting the correct email address – ensure there are no typos or missing characters by double-checking against your registration emails or other correspondences.
Helpful Tip: When typing in your email address, pay close attention to spaces and special characters such as periods or hyphens that can easily be overlooked.
B. When entering your password, make sure it’s case-sensitive and typed exactly as you created it. If needed, write down the password on a piece of paper so that you can easily verify it while entering.
Note: Passwords often have unique combinations of characters – both uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special symbols – which increases their security level.
2. Reset Your Disney Plus Password
If you’re entering the correct email but still encountering error code 14, it’s possible that you’ve either forgotten your Disney Plus password or are inadvertently entering an incorrect one. In such cases, resetting your Disney Plus password can help resolve the error.
To reset your Disney Plus password, follow these steps:
A. Visit the login page
Open your preferred web browser and head over to the official Disney Plus login page by visiting https://www.disneyplus.com/login.
B. Click ‘Need help?’
Once on the login page, locate and click on the ‘Need help?‘ button found beneath the ‘Email’ and ‘Password’ input fields.
C. Select ‘Password Recovery’
Upon clicking ‘Need help?‘, you will be presented with various help options. Click on ‘Password Recovery‘ to proceed with resetting your password.
D. Enter a valid email address
After selecting ‘Password Recovery‘, you’ll be prompted to enter the email address associated with your Disney Plus account into a text box. Type in your registered email address and click ‘Next.’
E. Check for a recovery email
Disney Plus will send a password reset link to your registered email address. Check both your inbox and spam folder for an email from Disney Plus titled ‘Reset Your Password.’
F. Create a new password
Click on the provided link in the password recovery email to direct you back to an online form where you will be prompted to create a new, unique password for your account. Ensure that it’s strong by combining uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
3. Verify Your Account’s Activation Status
Sometimes, the error could be the result of your account not being fully activated yet. This is especially possible if you’ve just signed up for a new account and are attempting to log in for the first time. In this case, take a moment to ensure that you’ve completed all the necessary steps to activate your Disney Plus membership.
A. Check your email inbox
Most streaming services, including Disney Plus, send an activation or confirmation email shortly after you register. Look through your inbox (and spam folder) for an email from Disney Plus with instructions on how to confirm and activate your new account. Be sure to follow these instructions carefully.
B. Verify that activation is successful
Once you’ve clicked through the confirmation link provided in the email, you should be redirected to a webpage indicating that your account has been successfully activated. At this point, try logging in again to see if Error Code 14 has disappeared.
C. Contact Disney Plus support
If you can’t find the activation email or still encounter error code 14 after following the steps above, it might be helpful to get in touch with Disney Plus support directly. You can do so either by visiting their Help Center
https://help.disneyplus.com/ or using their live chat feature available on both the website and app versions of Disney Plus. Inform them about the issue, and they should provide further guidance on resolving any account-related problems.
4. Update Your Payment Information
There’s a possibility that expired or incorrect payment information might be the culprit behind Disney Plus error code 14. To fix this, you’ll need to update your payment details and ensure they’re accurate.
Follow these steps to update your payment information:
- Log in to your Disney Plus account from a web browser (preferably on a computer).
- Navigate to your Profile by clicking on the profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Account to access your account settings.
- Locate, then click on the Billing Details section.
- Find and click on the Update Payment Method option. This will open up the form where you can edit your current payment information.
- Fill in with accurate and updated card details or select an alternative payment method if desired, then hit Save Changes. This should rectify any issues caused by outdated or faulty billing data.
Reminder: Ensure that you’re entering valid credit/debit card information or updating PayPal details if applicable.
5. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
Clearing your browser cache and cookies can also be an effective solution to fix Disney Plus error code 14, especially if the error stems from corrupted or outdated data stored in your browser.
This simple action forces your browser to refresh the stored information, resolving any conflicts or inaccuracies that may exist between the old data and the updated one.
For most browsers, you can follow these steps to clear cache and cookies:
- Click on the three-dot menu in the top-right corner and select Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Privacy and Security.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- Checkboxes for both “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files.”
- Click Clear data, then restart your browser.
- Click on the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the top-right corner, then choose Options.
- Select Privacy & Security from the left sidebar.
- In the “Cookies and Site Data” section, click Clear Data.
- Make sure both “Cookies and Site Data” and “Cached Web Content” are checked, then click Clear.
- Go to Safari > Preferences, then choose Privacy.
- Click on Manage Website Data.
- Click on Remove All, then confirm by clicking again on Remove Now.
Also Read: How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 21?
6. Use a Different Browser or Device
Sometimes, even when you think you’ve covered all the bases, the error can persist due to issues with your current browser or device. In such instances, trying a different browser or switching to another device may just be the solution you need. Here are some easy steps to follow when changing your browser or device:
A. Choose an alternate browser
If you’re using Google Chrome, try switching to other popular browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Edge. Each of these browsers might have different compatibility levels with the Disney Plus platform and a change might resolve your issue.
B. Update your new browser
Ensure that the new browser of choice is up-to-date with its latest version. Outdated browser versions can sometimes lead to compatibility problems and hinder smooth streaming.
C. Login and check for Error Code 14
Enter your Disney Plus credentials in the new browser and check whether the error persists. If it doesn’t, then it’s likely that your original browser was causing some compatibility issues.
D. Switch devices if necessary
If trying out different browsers doesn’t eliminate error code 14, consider using another device altogether. For instance, switch from watching on your laptop to a tablet or smartphone instead. Devices like smart TVs and gaming consoles might also offer native Disney Plus apps that you can try out.
7. Disable VPN or Proxy Services
As convenient and useful as VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) and proxy services can be for accessing geo-restricted content, they can also pose an issue when it comes to streaming services like Disney Plus. These tools alter your internet connection’s original IP address, which may result in Disney Plus having trouble authenticating your session. Consequently, you may face error code 14.
To rule out VPN or proxy interference as the cause of the error, follow these simple steps:
A. Turn off your VPN
If you have a VPN application installed on your device, simply disable it. Most VPNs provide a toggle switch or an option to disconnect within their app interface.
B. Disable any proxy service
If you are using a proxy service, you’ll need to disable it by accessing your device’s settings. The process varies depending on the type of device you’re using:
- For Windows users: Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Proxy and turn off the ‘Use a proxy server’ option.
- For macOS users: Go to System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and uncheck all proxy protocols.
- On smartphones: Access the Wi-Fi settings on your phone and disable any proxies configured for your active network connection.
C. Restart your device
After turning off the VPN or disabling proxies, restart your device to ensure that all changed settings are applied properly.
8. Update Your Device’s Firmware or Software
Outdated firmware or software on your device can sometimes cause compatibility issues with apps and services, like Disney Plus. Keeping your device’s software updated ensures optimal performance and could potentially resolve Disney Plus error code 14. Here are the steps to update firmware or software on different devices:
For Smart TVs:
- Go to the Settings menu of your Smart TV.
- Find the Software Update or System Update option (the name may vary depending on the brand).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to check for updates and install them, if available.
For Streaming Devices (e.g., Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast):
- Navigate to your streaming device’s Settings menu.
- Locate the System Update or Software Update section.
- Follow any prompts or on-screen instructions to check and install available updates.
For Consoles (e.g., Xbox, PlayStation):
- Access your console’s Settings menu.
- Look for the System Update, Software Update, or similar option.
- Follow the steps provided on-screen to download and install any available updates.
For Mobile Devices (Android or iOS):
- On Android devices, go to Settings > System > Advanced > System update. On iOS devices, navigate to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Check for updates and follow prompts to install them if needed.
9. Reinstall The Disney Plus App
Sometimes, the culprit behind error code 14 could be the Disney Plus app itself. In such cases, a simple fix that might resolve the issue is to uninstall and then reinstall the app on your device. This can help get rid of any potential bugs or glitches that may be interfering with your login process, and ultimately allow you to access your content without facing error code 14. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do this:
For Smartphones and Tablets (Android / iOS)
- Locate the Disney Plus app on your device.
- Tap and hold down on the app icon; a menu will appear.
- Select Uninstall (Android) or delete by tapping the ‘X’ in the top corner of the icon (iOS).
- After uninstallation, head to Google Play Store for Android or Apple App Store for iOS.
- Search for “Disney Plus” using the search feature.
- Tap Install or Get to download and reinstall the app.
For Smart TVs and Streaming Devices
For devices like Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Firestick, or smart TVs, follow these general steps:
- Navigate to your device’s home screen.
- Locate and highlight the Disney Plus app.
- Access your device’s settings menu to find an option to remove or uninstall apps.
- Select “Uninstall” or “Remove” for Disney Plus.
- Visit your device’s app store where you initially installed Disney Plus.
6. Clear any cache-related data if necessary through your device’s settings before proceeding.
7. Download and install Disney Plus again.
10. Check For Disney Plus Server Issues
Occasionally, the root of error might be beyond your control, as it could stem from server-related issues on Disney Plus’s end. In such cases, it’s essential to check if there are any known outages or maintenance happening that could be affecting your ability to log in or stream content. Here are some steps you can follow to verify if Disney Plus is experiencing server issues:
- Visit third-party websites: Websites like Downdetector and IsItDownRightNow provide real-time updates on the status of various online services, including Disney Plus. Check these sites to see if other users have reported problems, which could indicate an outage.
- Check Disney Plus’s social media pages: Go to the official Facebook and Twitter accounts for Disney Plus and look for any announcements about outages or maintenance schedules.
- Search online forums and discussion boards: Platforms like Reddit often have up-to-date information from fellow users about any ongoing issues with streaming services like Disney Plus.
- Contact customer support: If you’re still unsure whether the problem is with Disney Plus servers or not, reach out to their customer support team by using their live chat feature or sending an email explaining the error code 14 issue.
Also Read: How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 92?
Encountering Disney Plus error code 14 can undoubtedly be a frustrating setback when you’re looking forward to enjoying your favorite shows and movies. However, armed with the right knowledge and practical solutions, it’s entirely possible to overcome this obstacle and resume your streaming activities.
The key is to stay calm, identify the root cause of the error, and methodically apply these potential fixes until you find the one that resolves your problem. Remember, technology isn’t always perfect, and we all occasionally experience hiccups along the way.
While Disney Plus error code 14 may be a temporary roadblock in your streaming adventures, it doesn’t have to spell disaster. By taking a proactive approach and applying these ten possible solutions, you’ll be well on your way back into the magical world of Disney Plus content in no time!