We’ve all been there: settling in for a fun night of binge-watching our favorite Disney+ shows, only to be faced with the dreaded Disney Plus Error Code 21. This error can be frustrating and put a damper on our plans, but fear not, for I’ve compiled a list of 8 helpful ways to fix this issue so we can resume our entertainment.
This error usually occurs due to content issues, making it difficult to access certain shows or movies on the platform. From connectivity problems to device compatibility, various factors can contribute to the persistent error showing up. By following these 8 solutions, I’m confident that we’ll get back to immersing ourselves in the magical world of Disney+ in no time.
In this post, I’ll walk you through the recommended troubleshooting steps to resolve Error Code 21 on Disney Plus. Remember, patience is key, and trying different tactics will eventually lead us to the solution. Let’s dive in and get our streaming back on track!
Also Read: How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 92?
Understanding Disney Plus Error Code 21
Error Code 21 in Disney Plus occurs when there are issues with the content playback on Disney Plus. Specifically, it represents a geo-restriction error, meaning the content you’re trying to watch is not available in your region. Unlike other error codes that may involve internet connectivity or app-related issues, this one relates to restrictions based on your location.
For a better understanding of why Error Code 21 happens, let’s examine some common reasons:
- Regional licensing agreements: Disney Plus may not have the rights to stream particular content in certain regions, leading to this error.
- Traveling or relocating: If you’re traveling or have recently moved, your account may still be linked to your previous location.
- VPN usage: Using a VPN might trigger Error Code 21, as Disney Plus can recognize that you’re trying to access content from an unsupported region.
For resolving the error, stay tuned for the upcoming sections. I’ll provide you with a complete guide comprising 8 ways to fix this issue, so you can return to streaming your favorite content without any disruptions.
1. Checking Your Internet Connection
The first solution to fix Disney Plus error code 21 is to check your internet connection. Since streaming services like Disney Plus rely heavily on a fast and stable connection, it’s essential to ensure that your connection is up to the task. In this section, I’ll guide you through the process of checking and improving your internet connection to resolve this issue.
First, let’s make sure that you have a stable connection. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Restart your modem and router by unplugging them for 30 seconds before plugging them back in.
- Test your internet connection speed by visiting a broadband speed test website such as Speedtest.net.
- Verify that your connection speed meets the minimum requirements for Disney Plus:
|Minimum Speed Required
|Full HD (1080p)
|Ultra HD (4K)
If your internet speed is too slow or unstable, consider checking the following factors to improve your connection:
- Proximity to Router: Make sure your streaming device is within range of your router or consider using a Wi-Fi range extender if necessary.
- Number of Connected Devices: Disconnect any unnecessary devices connected to your Wi-Fi network to reduce bandwidth usage.
- Router Firmware Update: Ensure that your router has the latest firmware installed, as updates can provide performance and security improvements.
It’s also important to check if Disney Plus itself is experiencing any issues. Visit a website like Downdetector.com to see if other users are reporting problems. In such cases, the error might be on their end, and there’s not much you can do aside from waiting for them to resolve the issue.
Additionally, you can attempt to connect your streaming device using a wired Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi for a more stable internet connection. This might help reduce the likelihood of experiencing errors, as wired connections are often more reliable and faster than wireless connections.
2. Restarting Your Streaming Device
Restarting your streaming device is one of the simplest and most effective methods. From my experience, a device reboot can solve a wide range of problems, including connectivity issues and temporary glitches that may cause this error. Here are the steps to restart your streaming device:
- Power off the device by pressing and holding the power button, or by using the device’s remote control.
- Disconnect the device from its power source, waiting for about 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
- Turn the device back on, and try streaming Disney Plus content once more.
If the error persists, consider resetting your device to its factory settings. Keep in mind that this option should be a last resort, as it will erase any saved personal data. Here’s a breakdown of the process for common streaming devices:
- Roku: Navigate to the menu, then select “Settings” > “System” > “Advanced System Settings” > “Factory Reset.” Confirm your selection and wait for the device to reset.
- Amazon Fire TV: Choose “Settings” from the main menu, then “Device & Software” (or “System” depending on your device model) > “Reset to Factory Defaults.” Confirm your selection and the device will reset.
- Apple TV: Open “Settings,” then select “System” > “Reset.” Choose either “Reset” or “Reset and Update,” depending on your preference. The device will reset accordingly.
- Android TV: Navigate to “Settings,” then choose “Device Preferences” > “Reset.” Confirm your selection and the device will reset.
In some cases, updating your streaming device’s software or firmware can also fix the Disney Plus Error Code 21. To update your device, follow these steps:
- Connect your device to the internet, if it isn’t already.
- Access the device menu or settings, and look for a software or firmware update option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and apply the update.
- Restart your device, and attempt to stream Disney Plus content once more.
3. Clearing Cache and Data
Sometimes, errors can be resolved by clearing the cache and data on your device. In this section, I’ll show you how this can be done on various platforms to help you get rid of that pesky error.
First off, let’s discuss clearing the cache and data on Android devices. Here are the steps you’ll want to follow:
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap on Apps & Notifications.
- Find and tap on the Disney Plus app.
- Tap on Storage & Cache.
- Finally, tap on Clear Cache and Clear Storage.
For those using an iOS device, you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall the Disney Plus app to achieve a similar effect. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Disney Plus app icon on your home screen.
- Tap on Remove App and then Delete App.
- Head over to the App Store and search for Disney Plus.
- Download and install the app once again.
If you’re using a web browser to access Disney Plus, clearing the cache and data is also a viable solution. Here’s a quick rundown of how to do this on popular web browsers:
- Google Chrome: Navigate to Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data, and then select Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data.
- Mozilla Firefox: Head to Options > Privacy & Security > Clear Data, and then select Cached Web Content and Cookies and Site Data.
- Microsoft Edge: Go to Settings > Privacy, search, and services > Clear browsing data, and then choose Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data.
Smart TV/Gaming Console
Lastly, for those using smart TVs, gaming consoles, or streaming devices like Roku or Amazon Fire Stick, you can try the following:
- Uninstall the Disney Plus app.
- Clear the cache on your device (refer to your device’s user manual for more information).
- Reinstall the Disney Plus app.
By clearing the cache and data on your device, you may effectively address the underlying issue causing error code 21 while using Disney Plus.
4. Verifying Subscription Status
One aspect that can cause Disney Plus error code 21 is related to your subscription status. When facing this error, it’s crucial to ensure that your subscription is in its active state. In this section, I’ll walk you through the steps to verify your subscription status and look out for any issues.
Firstly, it’s important to remember that Disney Plus requires an active subscription, and unpaid or expired accounts can lead to errors when accessing content. After logging into your Disney Plus account, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the profile section on the platform.
- Click on the account settings.
- Review the subscription status and make sure it is labeled as ‘active.’
If you find that your subscription is not active, you may need to update your payment details or renew your subscription. In case the subscription is active, here are a few other aspects to check:
- Billing information: Ensure that your billing details, such as the credit card number and expiration date, are up-to-date. Incorrect billing information might lead to payment failures and cause the streaming service to block your access.
- Payment due date: Check if there are pending payments on your account. Being late on payments can temporarily suspend your account, causing error code 21.
- Subscription plan: Make sure you are subscribed to the proper plan for your location and other device restrictions that might affect your access to Disney Plus.
It’s essential to verify your Disney Plus subscription status to rule out any issues that might trigger the dreaded error code 21. Remember to check the billing information, payment due date, and subscription plan before you continue troubleshooting the other possible causes of the error in this article.
5. Updating Disney Plus App
Another effective way to resolve the error is by simply updating the Disney Plus App on your device. I’ve found that users often encounter this error when their app is outdated, causing compatibility issues with the latest content and features. To avoid this problem, it’s essential to keep the app up to date.
To update the Disney Plus App, follow these steps:
For Android users
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the menu icon in the upper left corner.
- Select “My apps & games.”
- Find the Disney Plus App in the list and tap “Update” if a new version is available.
For iOS users
- Open the App Store.
- Tap on the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down to the “Upcoming Automatic Updates” or “Available Updates” section.
- Find the Disney Plus App in the list and tap “Update” if a new version is available.
For Amazon Fire or other smart devices, the process is very similar. Check their respective app stores for any available updates to the Disney Plus App.
It’s also essential to keep your device’s operating system up to date, as this can impact the performance of the Disney Plus App and lead to issues like Error Code 21. Make sure to install any pending system updates for a seamless streaming experience.
6. Reinstalling Disney Plus
Reinstalling the Disney Plus app is another strategy that I’ve found useful in resolving Disney Plus error code 21. Sometimes, app files can become corrupt or outdated, which leads to error messages or app crashes. Reinstalling the app ensures that the latest version is downloaded and its files are working correctly. Let me guide you through the process.
First, you’ll want to uninstall the Disney Plus app from your device. Here’s how to do it on various platforms:
- Android: On your home screen, find the Disney Plus app, press and hold its icon until the “Uninstall” option appears, and then tap it.
- iOS: Locate the Disney Plus app, press and hold its icon until it starts to jiggle, tap the “X” icon in the top-left corner of the app, and select “Delete” to confirm.
- Amazon Fire TV: In the main menu, go to “Settings,” then “Applications,” followed by “Manage Installed Applications.” Find Disney Plus, select it, and click “Uninstall.”
Once the app is uninstalled, it’s time to reinstall Disney Plus:
- Android: Head to the Google Play Store, search for “Disney Plus,” and click “Install” to download the app.
- iOS: Open the App Store, search for “Disney Plus,” and tap “Get” to download and install the app.
- Amazon Fire TV: From the main menu, choose “Apps,” then “Categories,” and scroll down to find “Movies & TV.” Locate Disney Plus and click the “Get” button for download and installation.
After reinstalling Disney Plus, you’ll need to sign back in with your account credentials. If all goes well, you should no longer be experiencing error code 21. Reinstalling the app should have resolved the issue by ensuring that you have the latest app version, which might contain important bug fixes and performance enhancements.
7. Trying a Different Device
Oftentimes, compatibility issues with specific devices can affect the streaming quality and lead to error messages. In this section, I’ll discuss the benefits of testing Disney Plus on various devices and how it can help resolve the error code 21 problem.
Switching devices allows you to identify whether the error is constrained to a single device or a widespread issue spanning multiple devices. Here’s a list of popular devices that support Disney Plus:
- Smart TVs
- Gaming consoles
- Mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Web browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge)
When using a different device, you’ll be better equipped to differentiate between a platform-specific error and a Disney Plus service-wide issue. For instance, if error code 21 only persists when using your gaming console, it might be time to investigate the console’s settings and software updates.
Another advantage is the opportunity to isolate potential problems within the device that may be causing error code 21. You can assess your device’s connectivity, compatibility, and general performance when streaming Disney Plus content. By pinpointing the specific issues, it’s easier to troubleshoot solutions and streamline the process of resolving error code 21.
8. Contacting Disney Plus Support
When I’ve tried all the suggested ways and still can’t get the streaming service to work properly, it’s time to reach out to Disney Plus Support. I’ve found that they’re efficient and helpful in addressing any technical issues. Here’s how I’d go about contacting Disney Plus Support for assistance.
Firstly, I’d try live chat support on the Disney Plus website. This option allows me to converse with a representative who can provide immediate assistance. Here’s how to access the live chat:
- Go to the Disney Plus Help Center
- Click on the Chat icon located in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen
- Enter the necessary details and select “Start Chatting”
Another option for obtaining help is to use Disney Plus Support on Twitter. They’re responsive and can often provide solutions quickly. To utilize this support channel:
- Compose a tweet addressing @DisneyPlusHelp
- Include relevant information, such as my location and the device I’m using to stream Disney Plus, as well as a brief description of the issue I’m facing
- Wait for a reply from the support team
If I prefer to speak directly with a support representative, I can do so by calling Disney Plus Support. Their toll-free helpline number is 1-888-905-7888 and is available 24/7. Note that this support option might have longer wait times, particularly during peak hours.
Additionally, there are community forums and discussions where other streaming enthusiasts share solutions to common Disney Plus issues like error code 21. Some popular forums include:
Finally, after exhausting the above options, I can also try sending an email to Disney Plus support, detailing the error code 21 issue that I’m facing. Their email address is [email protected]. Although this method might take a little longer to receive a response, it’s still worth trying if other methods aren’t successful.
Also Read: How to Fix YouTube TV Error Code 3?
Throughout this article, I’ve delved into 8 different methods to address and resolve the issue of Disney Plus error code 21. By considering a variety of approaches, you can get back to enjoying your favorite Disney Plus content in no time. To recap, here are the 8 solutions I’ve explored:
- Checking Your Internet Connection
- Restarting Your Streaming Device
- Clearing Cache and Data
- Verifying Subscription Status
- Updating Disney Plus App
- Reinstalling Disney Plus
- Trying a Different Device
- Contacting Disney Plus Support
Error code 21 on Disney Plus can be inconvenient, but with the right information and expertise, fixing the issue doesn’t have to be daunting. By following these 8 troubleshooting steps, I’m confident that you’ll be able to overcome Disney Plus error code 21 swiftly and get back to streaming your favorite shows and movies without any interruptions.