The ITIL® Foundation course is an introduction to ITIL® 4. This certification course enables professionals to look at IT service management using a systematic approach. It is one of the must-have IT certifications as ITIL® foundation course certification can give professionals a solid foundation of the purpose and benefits of the ITIL® framework and leading ITSM (IT Service Management) processes.
The ITIL® Foundation course can be pursued by anyone looking forward to becoming a certified ITIL® 4 Master. It is also suitable for organizations looking to start implementing ITIL® 4 practices and ITSM managers and team members who want to understand the ITIL® framework.
Individuals can learn the following by pursuing the ITIL® foundation course:
- With the help of this training course, individuals can learn how to use the best ITIL® practice framework to boost the effectiveness, efficiency, and overall quality of products and services that are IT-powered.
- Professionals can also learn the basics of tools, technologies, components, and methodologies of ITIL® 4, including Service Value System and ITIL® Service Lifecycle.
- This course also teaches how ITIL®’s guiding principles can allow companies and organizations to adopt the best ITSM practices.
- With this certification course, professionals would learn the most important 18 ITIL® practice terms, along with its seven vital practices.
- Professionals can learn streams of ITIL® 4 Strategic Leader (SL) and ITIL® 4 Managing Professional (MP) to become an ITIL® 4 Managing Professional (MP) and ITIL® 4 Strategic Leader (SL).
- They would also learn how to incorporate ITIL® 4 with other leading frameworks such as Agile, DevOps, and Lean.
The syllabus of this course offers a modernized look at ITSM and is relevant to ITSM project managers and teams. Most companies nowadays rely on optimized IT-enabled services and products in one or the other form. With this certification, businesses driven by IT can gain permanent benefits. Professionals can successfully pass the ITIL® Foundation exam with this course. After passing the ITIL® Foundation exam, individuals can move on to the MP and SL modules.
To start with your ITIL® Foundation certification, you need to enrol for a training course and attend the two-day training. Once you have attended the two-day training program, you will have to appear for the closed-book ITIL® Foundation exam that consists of 40 questions. To get successfully certified, you will have to score a minimum of 65%, 26 correct questions, in this 60-minute exam. There are no prerequisites to take the ITIL® Foundation Certification exam. Anyone interested can pursue it. It is suitable for professionals who want to learn the ITIL® framework and how it can improve the quality of ITSM within their organization. It is also suitable for IT professionals who are part of an organization that has adopted ITIL® and want to understand the overall service improvement program. Professionals who are ITIL® certified can earn up to 40% more as compared to their non-certified peers.