Are you interested in the field of security? Or do your job responsibilities include ensuring the security of your company’s data? Either way, the CompTIA Security+ certification path is a great way for you to fundamentally change your career.
You ask how? The fact is that this qualification is an industry-standard certificate covering the basic security functions of hardware, software, and systems. What’s more, you will have to demonstrate basic technical skills in risk management, forensics, hybrid operations, and more. So don’t assume that this certificate is intended for absolute beginners, though it’s a good springboard for your career in this field. The vendor recommends that each candidate has 2 years of experience in 220-1001 security-related tasks. This will make it easier for applicants to prepare for and pass the relevant accreditation exam.
The CompTIA Security+ Evaluation
You should understand that this qualifying exam is designed to verify whether your knowledge meets the criteria for this certification. Therefore, you will have to successfully complete the SY0-601 test and score at least 750 points on a scale of 100 to 220-1002 . In more detail, you are to complete 90 performance-based and multiple-choice tasks within 90 minutes.
Required Knowledge And Skills On The CompTIA Security+ Exam
Wondering if you qualify for this certification? Let’s go over the key areas of knowledge through the following questions:
- Do you know what actions to take against vulnerabilities, attacks, and threats?
- Do you know how to use cloud technology in companies that are in the process of transitioning to hybrid networks?
- Do you know what is identity administration, basic cryptography, and how to manage access?
- Are you familiar with basic forensics and know how to respond to various incidents?
- Are you prepared for the need to manage organizational risks and comply with various regulatory requirements?
If you answered all of the above questions positively, you can feel free to go through the Pearson N10-007 process and pay the application fee of $370.
What Do You Get In Return?
So, you’re probably thinking that this certificate is just another item on your resume, aren’t you? You are both right and wrong. Certainly the SY0-501 qualification will highlight your CV among others. But beyond that, you’ll have the following to look forward to:
- The simplified hiring process, as recruiters trusting CompTIA certification will not torture you with numerous interviews and test cases.
- An advanced career choice, because the Security+ certification validates your expertise required for positions such as security administrator, cloud engineer, systems administrator, or software developer.
- High salary potential, given that having this qualification you can earn an average of $77k as stated by PayScalce.com.
- Confidence in your own abilities, as passing such a serious evaluation and receiving appropriate accreditation will help you feel confident among your colleagues knowing that you are capable of solving any problems.
- An opportunity to obtain a more advanced CompTIA certification, as Security+ is just one step in a well-designed accreditation program for infrastructure or cybersecurity specialists.
So, now you are familiar with this CompTIA accreditation and know how your efforts will turn out when you take the appropriate exam. Of course, the choice is yours. But if your goal is a successful career in cybersecurity, the CompTIA Security+ certification tops the list of available options. Good luck!